Welcome FoCo Roller Derby Fans!Cheer for FoCo's Punchy Brewsters on as they challenge the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls' Project Mayhem to a night of hard hits on the flat-track at The Events Center.
FoCo Roller Derby, Northern Colorado's first roller derby league, has been dishing out hip-checks since January 2006.
New to Derby?
What the %*^(#@ is going on?
How We Roll
- Each game, called a bout, consists of two 30-minute halves.
- Each period contains multiple jams that can last up to 2 minutes.
- Before each jam, 5 players from each team line up on the track.
- The pack and jammer are released at the single whistle.
- The first jammer to make it through the pack legally is called lead jammer.
The player with the star on their helmets use speed and agility to score as many points as possible during each jam.
The first jammer to cut through the pack legally can call off the jam anytime by placing her hands on her hips.
Three blockers and one pivot from each team attempt to stop the opposing jammer from scoring points.
The players with the stripe on their helmet set the pace for the pack and serve as the last line of defense.
These versatile players follow the pivot to clear a path for their jammer and destroy the opposing jammer.
How we Score
- Jammers are the only players who can score, but first they have to make it through the pack once.
- On their second trip through the pack, jammers gain a point for each opposing player they pass legally.
- The lead jammer controls the score by calling off the jam. She does this by tapping her hands on her hips.
Can she do that?!?!
- Torso and hip checks from the side
- Blocking with the upper arm
- Whipping or pushing a member of your own team for extra speed
- Blocking with elbows, forearms, hands or head
- Intentionally falling or tripping another skater
- Hitting, pushing or blocking a skater from behind
- Displaying any kind of unsportspersonlike conduct
- Holding or grabbing opposing players
- Cutting across the track
- Hitting from out of bounds
- Skating out of bounds
|Head Referee||El Flaco|
|Inside Pack Referee||Coupe De Villain|
|Jammer Referee||00 Daddy|
|Jammer Referee||Rockity Roller|
|Outside Pack Referee||Artichoke-Her|
|Outside Pack Referee||Fast Freddie|
|Outside Pack Referee||Launchpad McSmack|
|Head NSO||Leslie Nope|
|Inside Whiteboard||Chippa Tooth|
|Penalty Tracker||Leslie Nope|
|Jam Timer||Montana Maulher|
|Scorekeeper||Georgia St. Pierre|
|Penalty Box Manager||Black Velvet|
|Penalty Box Timer||Outlaw|
|Penalty Box Timer||Coco Ruff|