Welcome FoCo Roller Derby Fans!
The officials hang up their whistles for this final bout of the season to join players together as Team Salt &Team Pepper in a full-contact mixed roller derby game!
FoCo Roller Derby, Northern Colorado’s first roller derby league, has been dishing out hip-checks since January 2006.
New to Derby?
What the %*^(#@ is going on?
How We Roll
- Each game, called a bout, consists of two 30-minute halves.
- Each period contains multiple jams that can last up to 2 minutes.
- Before each jam, 5 players from each team line up on the track.
- The pack and jammer are released at the single whistle.
- The first jammer to make it through the pack legally is called lead jammer.
The player with the star on their helmets use speed and agility to score as many points as possible during each jam.
The first jammer to cut through the pack legally can call off the jam anytime by placing her hands on her hips.
Three blockers and one pivot from each team attempt to stop the opposing jammer from scoring points.
The players with the stripe on their helmet set the pace for the pack and serve as the last line of defense.
These versatile players follow the pivot to clear a path for their jammer and destroy the opposing jammer.
How we Score
- Jammers are the only players who can score, but first they have to make it through the pack once.
- On their second trip through the pack, jammers gain a point for each opposing player they pass legally.
- The lead jammer controls the score by calling off the jam. She does this by tapping her hands on her hips.
Can she do that?!?!
- Torso and hip checks from the side
- Blocking with the upper arm
- Whipping or pushing a member of your own team for extra speed
- Blocking with elbows, forearms, hands or head
- Intentionally falling or tripping another skater
- Hitting, pushing or blocking a skater from behind
- Displaying any kind of unsportspersonlike conduct
- Holding or grabbing opposing players
- Cutting across the track
- Hitting from out of bounds
- Skating out of bounds
A Big Thanks to
Emery Bordeaux | BOUT COMMANDER
Aaron Judgment | ANNOUNCERS
Aaron Edgar | POSTER DESIGNER
Leslie Nope | PROGRAM DESIGNER
Dillon King | PHOTOGRAPHER
Nothing from November 22, 2017 to January 22, 2018.
John Bermejo | Big Mac Daddy
Jennifer R. Bray | Dyers Eve
NMLS 265569 | NMLS 980758
Direct: 970.797.3303 | 970.767.3708
Cell: 970.218.2529 | 970.290.4571
2809 E. Harmony Rd, 2nd Floor | Fort Collins, CO 80528
Not a commitment to lend. Borrower must meet qualification criteria.
|Inside Pack Referee||Unchained Malady|
|Jammer Referee||HardKore Ken|
|Jammer Referee||Double D-Struction|
|Outside Pack Referee||Slowly but Shirley|
|Outside Pack Referee||Hitsteria|
|Outside Pack Referee||Disco Akers|
|Head NSO||Leslie Nope|
|Penalty Tracker||Montana MaulHer|
|Jam Timer||Dru Bloodymore|
|Penalty Box Manager||Black Velvet|
|Penalty Box Timer||RoSLAMbo|
|Penalty Box Timer||Hurt Cobain|
Do you love roller derby and want to get more involved? Roller derby officiating could be right for you! No experience required, you just need an active interest in roller derby and a positive attitude!